Do you need an experienced and qualified independent individual Trustee or Personal Representative to help you cost-effectively administer a trust or estate?
As Trustee or Personal Representative, or just generally in your practice, are you in need of assistance with day-to-day estate and trust administration to overcome an administration overload?
Could you use an extra expert hand to help prepare fiduciary tax returns?
Does it seem like you will never get over the mountain in front of you? I can help you shrink that mountain down to size.
Are you overwhelmed by the requirements of serving as a Trustee or Personal Representative? There are many aspects to serving in that role which may be foreign and unfamiliar. I can help you navigate the administration process and perform many of the tasks for you.
Felicia Garant of Garant Consulting can assume full responsibility for an estate or trust either alone or as a co-fiduciary with the trust company, bank, attorney or family member.
In consultation and coordination with attorneys, accountants, trust officers and investment managers, I help administer the estate or trust in accordance with applicable laws and the will or trust document. Here are some of the tasks which I perform:
- prepare probate court documents for attorney review
- locate and inventory all assets, prepare letters of instruction and relevant documents to collect assets, including custody and investment management forms
- manage estate- or trust-owned real estate including working with realtors to lease or sell trust or estate real property*
- draft deeds, leases and other real estate documents for closing agent or attorney review and approval
- provide appropriate notices and information to beneficiaries, and keep them informed as required by law
- assist with developing strategy and goals for investments with investment advisors
- track income, pay and record expenses of estate or trust, prepare estate and trust accountings
- calculate and make distributions from estate or trust when due
- prepare required tax returns
- all other actions required to successfully administer the estate or trust
*My experience with real estate includes residential and commercial, waterfront, offshore property and real estate affected by tenant bankruptcy.
Please give me a call at 207-232-4832 or drop me an email today. I can help you work through this process.