Felicia Garant of Garant Consulting can assume full responsibility for an estate or trust either alone or as a co-fiduciary with the trust company, bank, attorney or family member.
In consultation and coordination with attorneys, accountants, trust officers and investment managers, I help administer the estate or trust in accordance with applicable laws and the will or trust document. Here are some of the tasks which I perform:
- prepare probate court documents for attorney review
- locate and inventory all assets, prepare letters of instruction and relevant documents to collect assets, including custody and investment management forms
- manage estate- or trust-owned real estate including working with realtors to lease or sell trust or estate real property*
- draft deeds, leases and other real estate documents for closing agent or attorney review and approval
- provide appropriate notices and information to beneficiaries, and keep them informed as required by law
- assist with developing strategy and goals for investments with investment advisors
- track income, pay and record expenses of estate or trust, prepare estate and trust accountings
- calculate and make distributions from estate or trust when due
- prepare required tax returns
- all other actions required to successfully administer the estate or trust
*My experience with real estate includes residential and commercial, waterfront, offshore property and real estate affected by tenant bankruptcy.
Please give me a call at 207-232-4832 or drop me an email today. I can help you work through this process.